5 things I am grateful for today....
1. SUMMER: the heat...the humidity...the feeling of warmth...the feeling of love. (living in upstate NY I am very aware of the way the sun plays such a positive role in my life.)
2. RAIN: the softness of the sound of a summer rain....the way the earth seems to drink up the nourishment of nature...and the way it washes over me with gentleness as I stand in it.
3. TIME: the luxury I have of being able to do things on "my own time"!
4. GROWTH: feeling the growth of self and seeing the changes.
5. LAUGHTER: the pure joy of laughing heartily and the wonderful feelings it presents to me.
(I realize that I am grateful for this a lot...but what a difference laughter makes in our lives)
Keeping with the practice of making this gratitude list every week, allows me a moment just to reflect on the things that have taken place. Time goes by so quickly...it moves from Monday thru into Sunday sometimes in a blink....Take a moment today and reflect on that which you are grateful for...It will bring back a remembrance from the week that will delight you I am sure.
PS: The above mandala can be viewed at: FROM THE INSIDE OUT.
5 things I am grateful for today....
We invite You to join the party!
On behalf of the182 pink artists everywhere, we'd like to personally invite you to join the festivities, a joyous blog party happening August 1- October 15, 2008 on our blogs and in our homes. Mark those calendars to attend an event orchestrated by The Pink Artists to raise awareness & donations for breast cancer research.
I have just donated the above piece of art for one of the prizes you can receive during this party and for donating. This is such a wonderful and heartfelt project that Monica has created. She has poured herself heart and soul into this and gotten so many artist involved. Click on the above links or use the badge on the side bar to get to the site that tells you all about this project. Make sure that you see the BEAUTIFUL ART DOLL that was created by Monica and art friends (I am part of that project too!) It will do your heart good to give to this project and the donation allows you to be in on drawings for the art doll and some wonderful goodies donated by some wonderful artist. When you donate you are helping us find a cure...maybe not for ourselves, or woman our age...but perhaps for our daughters...our granddaughters...and let us not forget the men that are also affected by this disease. I will repost this again closer to the date...Donate today!!
I have the honor of writing for an online newspaper on Tuesdays and Thursdays...I send my work out months in advance, so all of the affirmations are older posts. This affirmation was the one that appeared today...and GOSH...I just love it when something comes across my desk and screen that just makes me sit back and say....OH YES!! this was one such affirmation! My wish is that you too get to spin in your RIGHT direction today!! Isn't life grand!!!
I just received my artist comp copy of the Autumn issue of Altered Couture.
Once again I am honored to have been chosen to be within the pages of this publication.
The above photo is a slip I created to answer the challenge that they put forth
to alter lingerie...well, I must say there are some very creative souls out there, you
just can't imagine what can be done with a slip...with a bra...with a baby doll nightie!
Want to be inspired to alter some clothing...Go on line and order directly from
Stampington...or get yourself to your bookstore in a few weeks when it hits the stands.
you will not be disappointed!!
Good Sunday to all who arrive here today...It is early here in upstate NY and even the birds are not yet singing....I will take this moment of silence to list the 5 things I am grateful for this fine day!
1. A cool gentle breeze on a very humid evening, allowing me to sit and watch the stars appear.
2. The knowledge that my words and art strike a cord in others enough for them to pass on wonderful words and awards.
3. Having a dream so close that I can almost touch it...
4. Being open enough to let myself learn new things.
5. Sharing who I am and what I do with myself and with others with a cup full of permission.
PS: what wonderful things are you grateful for today?
Fill your shaker up with self love!! Then kick back and relax with a beautiful and tasty recipe of your own making.
Rim yourself with self sweetness.
Add a shot of dry humor.
An ounce of Audacity.
A splash of AH-HA moments.
Top with a twist of bittersweet truth.
Shake and serve straight up!
The challenge was to come up with a Martini recipe...now, I know you can't really drink this...But on a good day I certainly can use one of these!! Care to join me?
Today I received this award from Karen at Beelieve
I am certainly feeling the LOVE these past several weeks receiving these awards!! Makes a girl feel just ever so special!!
The rules of accepting are as follows
So without futher ado here are my 7 nominated blogs:
4. Laura Ballie
Enjoy surfing these new to you sites...leave a comment...say hello and congratulations!!
PS: Although I do believe that Karen meant for this to go on FROM THE INSIDE OUT...
I really only post my affirmation journal pages there...So I am displaying my award here...
I just received this Award from Vanessa also, but kindly asked her to pass it along...but what a heartfelt honor to receive it twice in one week...I am truly beyond words. And as I glow with great gratitude Laurel awarded it also...and I also asked her to pass it on to another deserving blog...SHARE THE JOY!
5 things I am grateful for today...
1. Dreams...you know the waking ones...the sleeping ones...the ones that are being realized!
2. Inspiration...that comes out of nowhere!
3. AH-HA moments...when you are just sitting there and the answer just appears!
4. Smiling...the deep down to your toes and back kind of smiles...the kind that fill your soul!
5. Joyous Moments...the moments where you just stop and say AH-HA..and smile one of those deep smiles...that inspire all your dreams! YES...those joyous moments!
**The mandala above was from early this year...but it seems to resonate with me this fine day.
Please join me over at From the Inside Out as we explore the messages from within!
For the celebration yesterday there were the 3 generations of girls...Left to Right...
My beautiful daughter, Lea....My adorable mother, Jeanne...and me...all with flowers in our hair from the garden...All enjoying the sun and the company of each other...A wonderful day was had by all!! Next time I will have to get the 3 generation of boys!!
My wish for all is that your day was filled with sunshine...good company...and flowers!
Yesterday I received an E-Mail from the lovely and talented Nici at Art Shaped World bestowing this award to me. What makes it especially gratifying is it is awarded from peer to peer, creative to creative. Mine was graciously given and humbly received. I hope you will take a moment to visit each of the five blogs I've listed below which I have found to be inspirational, and perhaps leave a comment letting them know you stopped by!
I would now like to present the award to the following five blogs.
To be listed is considered a “special honor.” The Arte y Pico Award is meant to be paid forward to bloggers who merit recognition for their creative efforts.
If you have been selected for the award, please pay it forward, following the steps below:
1) Choose 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award based on creativity, design, interesting material, and overall contribution to the blogger community, regardless of the language.
2) Post the name of the author and a link to his or her blog so everyone can view it.
3) Each award-winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award.
4) The award-winner and the presenter should post the link of the "Arte y pico" blog so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5) Please post these rules!
The Arte y Pico blog is in Spanish. To read it in English, click here. The translation is not perfect.
Happy Creativity to all!