Altered Altoid Tin Doll


F
L
Y

O
N

T
H
E

W
I
N
G
S

O
F

Y
O
U
R

D
R
E
A
M
S



My goal this year has been to do art EVERY DAY and expose myself to new venues of art that I have not tried before. So when I saw a challenge to do an altered altoid tin doll at Artella (www.artellawordsandart.com) I was up and ready for the challenge! Never having altered a tin before it took a while for me to get comfortable with this new medium..But, WHAT FUN!! These little tins can turn into anything you want them to be!! You can drill them, paint them, glue on them!! Now, who would think that a tin could come out so darn creative!! I met the challenge, mailed her out on time for the deadline!! And to my delight she will grace the Artella Zine!! (hey, if you aren't getting this zine...go to the site and take a look
and sign up for it! Marney and her staff are AMAZING! And this site has SOMETHING for EVERYONE and then some more!!) My doll now hangs on my studio wall where she is an inspiration to me that I can fly when I let myself!! And that is my wish for you today! That you see your potential as a creative! That you honor that part of you! To often we use the words, "CAN'T" .."NO TIME" .."I DON'T DO THAT"...when in reality all you have to do is BELIEVE in the power of yourself...Spread your wings and fly...I know that I have this year, and PLAN on continuing to do just that...
Artfully Yours,
Pattie

No comments: