I am beginning to get uncovered from the paint and wrapping paper and glittery bows...and I am reminded once again of these words as we approach the dawning of the New Year...I post them here for you also to reflect and rejoice in the wisdom...
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
Marianne Williamson from her book, "A Return to Love," p. 1655
I have been tagged by Laura for 7 random facts about myself!! HUMMMMM...here goes!!
2. I was married to my first husband for exactly 3 years and 2 children!! (so I guess that is what the marriage was all about...children!)
3. I have won several blue ribbons for my needle stitching! I do not do it as much as I use to but I still love it when I do.
4. I was MISS SOUTH DISTRICT in a beauty contest for our city when I was 16! I still have my tiara! And can still do the queenly wave from the back of a corvette if I need to!!
5. I call my good husband MR. MIKE (which makes everyone laugh! and we have been married 22 years!)
6. I DO NOT let a day go by without doing something creative...
7. I do not think I own a piece of clothing that does not have paint, glue or glitter on it!
So, now it is my turn to tag, here are the rules and here is who I choose!!
The rules: -Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.-Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself-Tag 3 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.-Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Lee at Defining me
Lisa at Groggy Froggy
Megan at dot in time
Lani Kent was offering up this beautiful package of artwork cards and magnets...so in the holiday spirit I threw my name in the hat!! AND WHAT TO MY WONDERING EYES SHOULD APPEAR, but a post from my friend Chantal congratulating me on my good fortune! My little fingers ran to Lani 's blog to see my good cheer and I ended up prancing and dancing like 8 tiny reindeer!! So, OK, I know it is pretty bad, but I am so excited to receive this package, I do not usually win things, and this year, I have been in several swaps that landed in the zone of no return! So how exciting is this?!?!? When you visit Lani's blog make sure you also visit her website and check out the amazing block assemblage she does!! She is a wonderful inspiration for all of us!! Thank you Lani......I look forward to unwrapping this delightfully delicious package!!
HO-HO-HO...... MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I am a busy little elf in the studio this month...meeting deadlines and making my gifts! You would think that I would take a tip from Santa and start a little earlier..... NAH...what fun would that be?! I work best at the 11th hour!! Hope to be back soon.....Till then...
MAY YOUR DAYS BE MERRY AND BRIGHT!