5 things I am grateful for today!
1. Creativity...doesn't matter if it is paint, paper, pen, or just taking a walk and seeing all the beautiful creativity around me...the birds, the sun, the buds. Creativity rocks my world!
2. Pets...and the unconditional love they bestow upon me!
3. Comfort food...You know, the stuff you make that reminds you of your childhood, or a happy time in your life...the comfort of home cooking...warm and loving fresh from the oven.
4. Good coffee...I mean, the first cup in the morning...hot and strong and so wake me up and let me start the day coffee!
5. Music...the sentiment it evokes, the way it makes you want to move your feet and body. How it can make you laugh or cry...Music..how silent it would be without it...
And you? What are a couple things you are grateful for today?
5 things I am grateful for today!
Now, I know that each of us who get TUT across our screens every day receive the same message. BUT...it is how it impacts each of us individually that matters! We each read it and apply it to our own life and today...this message was exactly what I needed...exactly what I was suppose to hear! Hope it can be applied to you too!
Be proud to know as much as you do about life, dreams and reality. Bask, Patricia. It was a long climb up the stairway of enlightenment, and many a battle over false beliefs and mass consciousness have been won. You don't have to shout from your roof to live your truth every second of every day, but don't shy away from the ignorant; they need you. Nor be intimidated by the truly wise; they love you. And please don't ever let self-consciousness keep you from slipping into a world that would be unimaginably incomplete without you.
Suzi Blu's prompt for this week:
This week we start with a flower.
So here is my little 5 by 7 piece that I did titled : Fly into the Magical Garden. I do not do these in a journal and I just have fun with the prompts and inspiration that she provides. Do yourself a favor and go make art with Suzi...with me...with yourself. Just have fun! Here is the link to visit her site. ENJOY!
Today, is Easter Sunday and I am very grateful today for so many things. I hope everyone takes a moment to reflect on their life today.
1. The full moon that illuminated the sky last night and shone so brightly with its splendor.
2. The connection I have with the silence.
3. The love that is so abundant in my life.
4. The ability to unleash my creativity.
5. The sweet Robin's song and the coming of Spring.
Today, may you reach out and be touched by those you love, by happiness, by joy, by silence but most of all by love.
This funny little Easter greeting came through my mail box this morning...Thought I would share it with all who enter here today!! Gave me a giggle!
May your Easter be filled with colorful eggs, loads of chocolate and joy...
I have been so wrapped up in things that some days have slipped by me and I did not even notice. Hey....where did Sunday go?...what day is it today? You say it is Tuesday already! OH MY....
(well...you get the picture I am sure)
Anyhow here are 5 things I am grateful for:
1. Seeing my first Robin this year! (It means Spring is on the way!!)
2. Hearing my grandson laugh when I tickle him and then hearing him say UNCLE BILLY BOB when he wants me to stop! (you have to have a code!)
3. Seeing a painting come to life from a pencil sketch...
4. Having good friends in my life.
5. Freshly baked pie...and the delicious smell it causes to linger in the house!
PS: Go ahead try it....it is as easy as 1...2...3...!
I received this today in my mail box....it also goes along with the link for BE BRAVE....If you don't get Kate's daily blessing it is a wonderful thing to inspire you every day and she has a 30 day challenge...you can sign up for here.
To laugh is to risk appearing the fool.
To weep is to risk appearing sentimental.
To reach for another is to risk involvement.
To expose your ideas, your dreams, before a crowd, is to risk their loss.
To love is to risk not being loved in return.
To live is to risk dying.
To believe is to risk failure.
But risks must be taken, because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.
The people who risk nothing do nothing, have nothing, are nothing.
They may avoid suffering and sorrow, but they cannot learn, feel, change, grow, love, live.
Chained by their attitudes, they are slaves; they have forfeited their freedom.
Only a person who risks is free."
When you stop to think about it, what greater risk can one possibly face than that of looking back fifty or sixty years from now and admitting that he might have truly lived had he not been in afraid of the risks involved? Life is risky business. That is one of the reasons it is so very sweet.
May you always be willing to take the risk.
And may you always be aware that you are loved beyond measure and a cherished blessing to me.Until tomorrow,
May your day be filled
with all things good,
Personally this is just something I needed to hear once again!
Happy Saint Patrick's Day to all who enter here today! This image was sent to me by the lovely Chantal this morning! It was so cheery that I just had to share it with everyone...along with this Irish Blessing...
May your joys be as bright as the morning,
And your sorrows merely be shadows that fade,
In the sunlight of love.
May you have enough happiness to keep you sweet.
Enough trials to keep you strong.
Enough sorrows to keep you human.
Enough hope to keep you happy.
Enough failure to keep you humble.
Enough success to keep you eager.
Enough friends to give you comfort.
Enough faith and courage in yourself to banish sadness.
Enough wealth to meet your needs.
And one thing more: enough determination
To make each day a more wonderful day than the day before.
words of Eleanor Roosevelt
Here's the rules:
- (most important:) MAKE YOUR OWN RULES.
- Do this for yourself.
- Make a commitment for the length of time that best suites YOUR needs--one day, one month, one year, one moment...it's all up to you, and you alone. ;)
- The "brave" or "scary" things that you choose to do can be as big or little as you want them to be. Sometimes it's the little things that can be the most scary!
- (not to quote Nike, but...) Just do it.
- Be on your own schedule. You don't need to make a commitment until YOU are ready.
- This is your unique journey--make it whatever you want it to be.
This is such a great video..
Watch the reaction of the people who are passing by!
It is priceless...Don't you just wish you had been there
to join in! If I had been in the crowd and seen this, I think
I too would of just been frozen in space and time! WONDERFUL!
While watching the latest You Tube from Suzi Blu she was inviting everyone to do a journal page with your animal totem with the feel of a mola...I have always had a strong pull toward lizards. I remember as a child catching them as they ran around my grandparents front yard in Florida. When I visited my friend, Debs in Key West this past fall I was surrounded by them every day. I have used them many times in paintings...but finally today, looked up what they meant...Here is a brief summary:
The lizard is sensitive to vibration..eyes are sharp and excellent hearing. They have the ability to break off a wall to escape and save itself from danger. When they come to you it is a sign that it is time to change. Letting go of ideas and actions for a new way. Make your decisions wisely. Awaken abilities by making choices that honor every part of your life. Go within and analze your present reality. Once you do this move with confidence and convention into the world of a new beginning. This is a powerful totem it reveals your weaknesses, your strengths and prompts energy changes..
Gee! And I thought it was just their ability to change colors!!
Watch the video at:
Have fun and enjoy the process ...if you don't know what your animal means you can go here and find out! Very interesting!!
Adding to the list of 5 things I am grateful for today...
1. Moments of creativity from my muse!
2. Small AHA moments!
3. The sound of freshly fallen snow...SILENCE!
4. Dreams that can last a life time.
5. Bright colors of paint.
Today is Sunday...I use to post the card that I pulled from my Magical Mermaid and Dolphin deck and share it here...But, I have been having a very emotional month and have decided that I will be posting 5 things every Sunday that I am grateful for...Won't you join me?
1. Seeing the blush of a young woman who will soon become a wife.
2. Reconnecting with a friend I have known for almost 49 years.
(but haven't talked to in 10)
3. Conversations that come from the heart.
4. Laughter that causes you to cry!
5. A hug from a child.
What are you grateful for on this day?