This list was gifted to me....Now, I pay it forward to YOU....Try one every day...I am starting with number 10 for the date...and going forward till the end of the month....Or make your own list....Acts of Kindness....they are beautiful things from the inside out...
ACTS OF KINDNESS
"I expect to pass through life but once.
If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing
I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or
neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again. " ~ William Penn
You Can Make Your Own Life Better by Doing One or Two of
These Simple Acts of Kindness Every Week:
1. Write a note of appreciation to your mail and newspaper carriers.
2. Compliment a stranger, with sincerity and a smile.
3. If you know someone in financial difficulty, anonymously mail them $5,
$10 or $20.
4. Look for anything that can be put away, fixed or picked up.
...(put shopping carts away, pick up some trash, fix something that's fallen
5. Give a lottery ticket to a stranger.
6. Volunteer your time at a charitable organization.
7. Write a note to management about an individual who has treated you nicely
while doing their job.
...(a waiter or waitress, grocery clerk, sales person, mechanic ...etc)
8. Buy something for a stranger from their Amazon.com Wishlist.
9. Cut an article out of the newspaper that would interest a friend and mail
it to them.
10. Leave 'Have a Nice Day' stickers for a receptionist or front desk.
11. Clean up gravestones at a local cemetery.
12. When you go out to dinner, order a dessert to go and give it to a
13. Send a card to someone in the military overseas.
14. Start a conversation with a co-worker that you don't know.
15. Tutor a child in your neighborhood.
16. Put change in the slots of a row of vending machines.
17. Visit a nursing home and spend time with a person who doesn't get
18. Put an item you no longer need on Craig's List Free Spot for your
19. Leave something for someone at an area where it might be most used.
....(a book in reading area, an umbrella near door on rainy day, a few
magazines at an airport ...etc.)
20. Pay for the toll charge of the car behind you.
21. Drop off a toy or game at a hospital or a homeless shelter.
22. Get some groceries for a financially-
23. Mow someone's lawn, rake their leaves or shovel their snow.
24. Get a picture you have taken of a friend and send it to them with a note
recalling when it was taken.
25. Offer to baby sit for free.
26. Offer to change the oil, filter or the like for a "non car" person....
27. Take flowers to a hospital ward and give them to someone who hasn't had
28. Volunteer to read to children at the library.
29. When you fill up a click card for free coffee, free gift, or whatever,
give the card to a stranger.
30. Make a CD of your favorite songs and give it to a friend.
This the season to be full of grace and gratitude...