Coffee Thoughts...


Today as I wait to go to some important appointments I am feeling a need to put my attitude on gratitude!! This is not really a difficult thing to do if you set your mind to it....It requires willingness on your part, but it doesn't have to be to hard. Just find something to be grateful for...Just one thing... doesn't have to be huge...I am finding it doesn't matter what it is..could be just that you got out of bed...could be that your feet hit the floor...or the sun is shining...a good cup of coffee (one of my favorites!!) and as simple as breathing....And then look of one more thing to be grateful for...and one more after that...soon your list will grow...If you write them down in a journal...on a piece of paper...heck, on the back of an envelope you will find a peace starts to come over you....simple...things that we over look everyday...a child's sweet laughter...a song on the radio that brings back great memories....ice cream....a rainy day (so that you can curl up on the sofa and watch a movie without guilt!) What I am aware of with this gratitude list is that no matter what I am going through...no matter what seems to be troubling me...this gratitude list far out numbers every thing else....Start a chain for yourself....start with one thing you can be grateful for...breathe....add another...breathe again...add another....breathe...Soon you will start to feel a sense of peace...a sense of calm...a sense of strength...It is an amazing thing, because you soon find out that you can face head on whatever you feel is causing your stress....
I for one am going to have my next cup of coffee....and breathe deeply as I start my process of gratitude.
Artfully Yours,
Pattie

2 comments:

Journal Swag said...

You're amazing.

Hugs,

Sheila

laurel said...

Amen!