Coffee Thoughts...


So once again...I am here with the last cup of coffee from the pot this morning....Should I make another pot?!?! No...I think I will continue to ride on the caffine buzz that is already here!!
I did this small 5 by 7 altered painting and gave it to my friend Jill as a house warming present...She loves coffee too!!
Today, I have decided to clean my studio!! This is pretty funny actually, because even when I clean it...it does not appear to others to be clean...well...because I have to much stuff!! Stuff that I will probably never use (but can't part with) stuff that I don't even know I have (because it is shoved into every nook and cranny around here)...and stuff that I have started but never finished (perhaps I lost the moment) and stuff that I scribble on papers...notes...thoughts...(things that perhaps I might use..might not use...have no idea what I was talking about in the first place when I reread or look at the scribble!!) I certainly hope that there are other creatives' out there just like me...Collectors of thoughts...collectors of dreams...collectors of "stuff"....
Today, as I start to clean...first the desk...as I can not even see the top of it anymore I am singing! Now believe me when I tell you that no one is ever going to pay good money to hear me sing...but sing I do...I sing in the car...I sing in the tub...I sing when I am alone...and I sing when there are others around that ask me to "please stop singing"!! But it helps me...It helps me get moving..it helps me feel better...it is an easy and fun thing to do!! So today, as I do this cleaning I sing....I sing old Beatles songs that bring me back to my youth...I sing songs that have meaning to me...I sing....And I realize that people have been doing this since the beginning of time...and even though I may be a very bad singer...I will continue doing it today...because when you have a song in your heart you certainly can have a whip cream and cherry kind of day!! (even if you are cleaning!!)
Artfully Yours,
Pattie
PS: What song can you sing today or hum that will make you feel incredibly good???

1 comment:

laurel said...

Very cute artwork! And I can so identify with the cleaning that never seems clean. I have tons of stuff too that will 'someday' be useful and an entire list in my head of things I 'need' still. And music, you just can't live without singing! At work I live in cube land and you can always tell when one of us has on headphones and is listening to music by the humming and tapping sounds floating in the air. One coworker actually went past the humming stage and was singing the words. It was too funny. She didn't even know she was doing it.