Coffee Thoughts...

This morning I am having thoughts about blogging and journaling. For years I kept journals... they started as a young girl... More of a "DEAR DIARY" ...at an age when who you liked and if he looked at you was the MOST important things of life...then went on into my teens of frustrations with parents...friends...boyfriends...early 20's gave way to a sense of truth, but still covering up my hearts answers...then they stopped as I raised my children (giving away to baby books, especially for the first child!!) Journaling has once again become popular...you can take classes and workshops and read books about journaling...and I actually got back into it about 10 or so years ago. I had read the book SIMPLE ABUNDANCE by Sarah Ban Breathnach which was when I found a different sort of journal writing...A writing that was for me...my questions...my answers...my feelings...A space and a place that was mine alone. Over the years my journaling has changed...I started adding art but the most important thing I found was I started listening to my soul...to my heart...to my gut...to ME. I found it a way of talking to myself...once I got past the whining part of life...I found it a way to bring peace to myself...to bring happiness to the front of my life...Once I figured out the blogging...it has become a different sort of journaling...I still keep my private journal...I have my affirmation journal...I even have what I call the "blue funk" journal where I can whine to my hearts content on some days...but what this journaling has done is bring me to this place I am now...where no matter what is happening in my life I have a private place (or public place!!) where I can allow me to just be with full permission. So today, if you don't journal...if you think you can't journal...you might want to try it....You don't have to have a fancy notebook..you don't have to do art...just write...write on anything...write about anything...write 1 line...write 20 lines...do it when you wake up..do it before you go to bed...do it at the kitchen table after everyone is asleep ..don't worry if you spell things wrong...don't think about your writing...this is for you...this is a way of getting whatever is stuck in your head and your heart...out...try it with a cup of coffee...you just might find you like it!!
Artfully Yours,
Pattie

2 comments:

BeTsY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BeTsY said...

I too have been journaling for over 20 yrs. The books are my sanctuary...
Currently i am reading an inspirational book by Lucia Capacchione, "The Creative Journal", i find it to be a wonderful guide for provoking my feelings...
Have a nice day-