The Bitter and The Sweet

I have a journal that I call the "Blue Book". This is a journal that I write in when my "shadow" side is showing itself. I have learned recently that if I allow those feelings to come out on paper then I do not wallow around in the shadow area very long. I see what it is that is making me a little sad and I am better able to address it. This is the page that I have been playing with today. I titled the page, the bitter and the sweet, because that is how I am feeling. We have had our daughter and grandson living with us for the past 8 months. It has been a wonderful and yet at times difficult thing. They are moving into their own apartment and that will be final this weekend. So, even though I know in order for them to grow as a small family, and even though I know that I really want my time and space back, and even though I know that it is the best thing for everyone to become whole...I will not have the wonderment of a 1 and 1/2 year old exploring my world every day, I will not have the nurturing that I instinctively do daily, I will not have another artist who stays up till 1 in the morning to cheer me on and give me support. Once your children have left the nest you have an adjustment time, just when you think that you are so comfortable there, someone might come back, and you have to readjust again...and then they leave once again...READJUSTMENT! And although I know in my heart this is not an ending, but rather a beginning of a new chapter in our lives. I can't help but think that that first morning when I sit down to have my cup of coffee alone, that the chatter of a little monkey boy saying...MO-MA! will be missed very badly. Guess I'll just have to go out for that cup of coffee!! So my wish for you today is to adjust. Adjust to the things that happen in your life that you know are bitter/sweet. Know that all will work out for the best for everyone involved
And in the end, everything will be exactly the way it was suppose to be!
Artfully Yours,
Pattie

No comments: