Show Your True Colors

I am keeping up with the task! PHEW! Considering that I have known about this show for a year, you would wonder why I would wait till the last minute to do these paintings. Well, let me defend myself to myself!! First I said YES to the show, because well, honestly, it was a huge ego boost! Secondly, after I said Yes to the show, I couldn't figure out why I had! Mostly because I paint on objects, furniture, wood pieces,you know, objects! So that is when the FEAR kicked in. Fear of not being good enough, fear of looking silly, fear of failure, better yet fear of success! So I put it off...and off...and off. Till finally as the deadline approached I had to STOP being fearful. I had to sit myself down and give myself a good talking to. You know one of those heart to heart talks. Why was I so afraid? It really isn't any different than painting on wood. Its paper..so what. Its still paint, and brushes and ideas and color. NO BIG DEAL! I could still do the paintings that I see in my minds eye! That is when I had to let go. Let go of the fear and start to paint. My goal is to do a painting every two days, and I am keeping to the goal. Then I will have to mat and frame them, good thing I know how to do that!!(I use to be a custom picture framer) So this is the one that I just finished. I call it SHOW YOUR TRUE COLORS. And that is my wish for you today, that you show your true colors especially to yourself. The fear that you may feel when starting something is just a little bit of the unknown. Sometimes the fear just lets you know that you are on the right path. Believe in yourself and the creativity that longs to be released. Let go of the fear of trying, and honor your creativity, by doing so you will be honoring yourself.
Artfully Yours,
Pattie

No comments: