Caged Heart


Swap piece for yesterday....I do not really use watercolor...It is a medium that I am not all that comfortable with..so seeing as that is one of the guidelines to this swap here is a piece that is mainly water color! I cut an opening in the paper and taped another piece of paper to the back...drew the cage and heart on with pencil...used the watercolors and then used the acrylic paint to do the cage itself...I sort of like the way it came out and will continue to experiment with watercolor...I actually came across some watercolor paper I have, which works much better than my drawing paper!! You know that old saying "you are only as good as your tools allow you to be!" So, I will try some more pieces and perhaps by the end of this swap feel a greater love for watercolors!! And that is my wish for you today, that you try something new...don't rule it out because it is uncomfortable at first. Things are often worse before they get better..or at least that is what they say!! You just might end up finding out you actually do like what it was that you feared!!
Artfully Yours,
Pattie

2 comments:

Hélène Deroubaix said...

I love that one:) I love cage, I have often felt caged for some reasons now I learn to free myself even more thanks to know I can fly with my fairy wings ;o)
blessed be!

Patricia J. Mosca said...

H...
we all feel caged at one time or another...once you realize that you are the one doing it to yourself...THE DOOR SWINGS OPEN!
BELIEVE!