Doing Your Heart Good!

"At the close of life the question will be not how
much have you got, but how much have you given; not
how much have you won, but how much have you done;
not how much have you saved, but how much have you
sacrificed; how much have you loved and served, not
how much were you honored.""

- Nathan C. Schaeffer


This quote came to my mailbox this past week...and it came right around the time that I was sending out the dog picture and had just come off of the Gilda's Club fund raiser. I do quite a few donations every year of my art work and time to causes that I feel passion for. The amazing thing about doing this, is that it does so much for me! I am a firm believer in passing it on. You know doing one good deed when one has been presented to you. I am honored to be part of these fund raisers. This one for Bernie was a delight, because really nothing was guidelined or had to be juried...She even asks for children's art! But the biggest thing that came my way after doing this piece was that the response from Bernie hit me square in the heart. The kind of feeling that you get when you first fall in love, the arrow piercing and you knowing that you have fallen! I have fallen...Bernie is the most delightful woman to talk to, tireless in her efforts to rescue these animals to such an extent that it consumes her life! So I urge you after you read this to pause for a moment and whisper the love for your own animals in their ears...Give the a great big hug for all the unconditional love that they give you! And once you have done that then run your mouse over one of the links here and see if there is anything that you might like to do, to do your heart good!! http://aplacetobark.com
and for the auction: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZaplace2bark
Your smile will be your reward....Oh, and watch out for the arrows!
Artfully Yours,
Pattie

1 comment:

Royce Addington said...

Pattie of the Good & Giving Heart,

This is a BEAUTIFUL and INSPIRING post! THANK YOU for introducing A PLACE TO BARK...I'm going to an auction right this very minute...
after I whisper in 8 pairs of silky soft ears how much I love and appreciate their presence in my life.