Painting....


I am working on completing 14 paintings for a one woman show. I usually do not paint framed art pictures so this is an experience. First I got myself all crazy with comparing what I do with other people...NOT A GOOD IDEA!! Then, I tried to paint in a way that is just not like ME!...ANOTHER BAD IDEA!!..Finally I let it all go and got back down to doing art, my way! So it isn't wood...so what if it is paper...Do what you do!! Most of these paintings will have written words on them and that is exciting to me. Because I dream of paintings and words, I journal with paintings and words, the furniture that I paint usually has words on it...so why should this be any different?! So that is my wish for all today, don't try to be something or someone that your not. It just makes life so sad...Just enjoy who you are, celebrate your own uniqueness. It's the one thing that sets you apart from the rest! Today I just can't paint fast enough, cause I am finally letting ME be ME!
Artfully Yours,
Pattie

No comments: