January 29, 2009

Do you ever notice that some days you just have to pay a little more attention to your soul...to your passion...to YOU? Today, is one of those days for me....So today, I am reminded to take 2 soul vitamins instead of one!! To pay closer attention and listen to what it is with a better ear that my heart is telling me....With the prompt about carnations a sweet and wonderful memory came flooding back...of how my Dad (who has been gone for over 20 years now) would buy them for me...for my sister and for my mother....not wanting to look like a sentimental softy (which he was by the way...all 6 foot 2 of him!!) he would say he got a good deal on them...and that they lasted a long time so they were so worth the money!!) It still brings a smile to my face knowing that my father would go to the florist and purchase these for his girls...with love...silently letting us know how very precious and sweet we were to him!!! I used the prompt from Oprah...to write to myself about the lessons that I am learning as I journey down my path...how, I am growing into my wisdom...listening closer to my messages...and becoming aware that I can change my thinking....ENJOYING life more and more...
Artfully Yours,
Pattie

PS: Don't forget to pop over and see Shelia!! She is full of life...A STELLAR artist and a MARVELOUS person!!

1 comment:

Journal Swag said...

Pattie! I know just what you mean! I breathed easier just by reading your post. What a precious man your Dad was.

Hugs,
Sheila